My client is a highly successful firm of Accountants with offices across the South West with 250 team members. They are experiencing an extraordinary period of growth and are seeking to expand their team.
They operate a dynamic yet fair and consistent culture, empowering professional development and with an enviable long service record. The salary is very competitive, depending on experience, plus a suite of excellent benefits!
Our client are looking for a Level 3 AAT qualified Trainee Accounting Technician to join their business services team in Plymouth on a permanent basis.
The role includes:-
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: –
• Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
• Preparation of personal and corporate tax computations and returns
• Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
• Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
• Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
• Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
• Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory
• General admin duties to provide support to Partner, managers and the office
This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, but the postholder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility
The successful candidate:
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and
• Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
• A positive attitude, friendly and approachable
• Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
• Adaptable, organised and conscientious
• Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Discreet, professional and team orientated in approach
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be Level 3 AAT qualified
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and growing firm of Accountants. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.