Our client is an extremely well-established and reputable organisation, providing a suite of services throughout the UK.
They are seeking a Telephony and Infrastructure Expert to join their busy office in Gloucestershire. The purpose of the role is to provide a highly efficient and professional service and to act as the responsible individual for developing technical solutions to support telephony and infrastructure.
This is a permanent full-time position. However, you may also be required to take part in an on-call rota, providing out of hours IT support.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and supportive team, within a company which offers a rewarding career with excellent benefits and a starting salary of £31,300.
- To develop technical solutions to support telephony and infrastructure.
- To provide efficient and high-quality support for staff to ensure effective use of telephony systems.
- Solving complex configuration issues with 3rd Party suppliers within limited timescales.
- Resolve issues that require immediate assistance.
- Solving complex configuration issues with 3rd Party suppliers within limited timescales in order to meet project deadlines.
- Coordinate the procurement, maintenance, upgrading and operating costs of Infrastructure systems where applicable to support best value for money from capital and revenue budgets for clients.
- Provide advice and information on Infrastructure matters to senior management.
- Lead and participate in local and regional meetings and events, as appropriate or other activities relevant to the role.
- Support Infrastructure projects and work packages that support better working and innovation, managing internal and external project staff, supplier and service contracts, producing appropriate project or performance documentation as required.
- Deputise for the Infrastructure manager as required.
The successful candidate:
- Work to a high standard under pressure.
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) and access to a car.
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant computing or business management discipline or equivalent level of experience (minimum of 5 years in an IT Support role).
- Advanced I.T. skills in, Switches, UPS, telephony and mobile phone technology – including the ability to build and configure complex systems.
- Evidence of experience in a similar role, together with relevant experience in IT support, project tools and environments.
- Track record of delivery of IT projects or system implementation to the required standards, on time and within budget.
- Technical Knowledge of phone technologies, for example, Mobiles, Call routing, ISDX VOIP etc.
- Good working knowledge and skills in using SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project.
- Physical handling of Infrastructure equipment.
If this role matches your skills and expertise, then we look forward to hearing from you. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.