y client are a well established firm operating from offices in Somerset, Bristol and South Wales offering a comprehensive range of business advice and accountancy services to individuals and businesses. With a partner led approach, they pride themselves in giving a personal, but professional service to a thriving tax base of clients.
They are looking for individuals to join their lovely offices and can be based in Taunton, Bristol or South Wales as a Personal/ Business Tax Manager. This is a full time, permanent role attracting a salary of between £50,000 – £60,000 dependent on experience, plus benefits and free parking, along with a combination of working from home and the office.
There is a thriving tax base of clients and experience of the following would be essential.
• Capital gains tax from simple domestic property sales with 30-day reporting to more complex transactions with investments
• Business asset disposal relief and application to transactions
• Business taxation of individuals and partnerships, capital allowances, deductibility of expenses.
• Off-payrolling legislation and advice on IR35
• Residence/non-residence criteria and deemed non-domicile and non-domicile rules. The impact on income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax. Advice on leaving the UK and arriving in the UK. Mixed funds and remittance basis.
• Pension relief and maximum contributions for higher paid individuals.
• Advise on inheritance tax and estimates of possible liabilities
• Trust tax returns and knowledge of the Trust Registration service and Common Reporting Requirement. Technical background of the use of trusts. Being able to read a Trust Deed and identify the reporting requirements. Trust accounts are also required to support the Trust Returns.
• Tax favourable investments, EIS, SEIS, VCTs; the tax reliefs claimable and reporting thereof
• Property taxes and transactions with multiple properties when considering property partnerships and incorporations.
• Experience of reporting requirements for individuals holding offshore funds, both reporting and non-reporting status.
• General Tax avoidance rules such as those for transactions in land, “phoenixed” businesses
Nice to have:-
• Familiarity of VAT rules following Brexit for imports and exports. • VAT and reverse charging scheme for construction industry • Knowledge of SDLT rules and surcharges
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an employment agency on this vacancy.