My client is a highly successful firm of Accountants with offices across the South West. They are experiencing an extraordinary period of growth despite the circumstances and are seeking to expand their team.
They operate a dynamic yet fair and consistent culture, empowering professional development and with an enviable long service record.
We are seeking a very experienced Senior Payroll Assistant to join their growing firm based in the Plymouth area.
This is a full time, permanent position, however Flexible hours working and / or part time is available. The salary is circa £20,000 – £25,000 dependent on experience, plus a suite of exceptional benefits!
The role includes:
- Responsible for supporting the Payroll Manager in the delivery of their payroll bureau service
- Working on a high-volume payroll, weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly and monthly
- Running all aspects of client payrolls including start through to checking, checking and auto enrolment
- Communication with clients and responding to client questions relating RTI, auto enrolment and HMRC legislative changes
- Furlough calculations
- Issuing statements of earnings and deductions
- Reconciling employee deductions
- Investigating and correcting payroll discrepancies and errors
- Processing new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions
- Preparing and printing payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, PAYE tax and National Insurance, auto enrolment pension and leave
- Addressing employee’s pay-related concerns and providing accurate payroll information
- Completing requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications
- Producing HMRC payments and ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations and guidelines.
The successful candidate:
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- An analytical and methodical approach to your work and be able to apply both common sense and technical skills to different assignments
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquiries promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Educated to A-Level / CIPP or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience of payroll processing
- Good working knowledge of Brightpay
- Knowledge of Auto Enrolment legislation
- Knowledge of HMRC payroll regulations and requirements
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a secure and growing company. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.