Our client is undergoing a period of expansion and is now seeking a motivated and enthusiastic technical and commercially minded person to join their technical services team as a Senior Technical Engineer.
Providing 2nd/3rd line IT Support, Services and Solutions both remotely and onsite with a focus on exceptional client care and communication as well as remote and on-site pre-sales technical support to the sales team.
Although you will be based in their Taunton office, it is expected that the successful candidate will be happy to travel to client sites across the UK and Ireland where required with extended traveling hours.
The successful candidate will have considerable practical IT experience ideally with an MSP environment, will be able to work independently and as part of a team, be people focused and be a creative problem solver.
Reporting directly to the Directors, this role will be the focal point for complex technical escalations and will provide technical support and guidance to their 1st and 2nd Line Support Teams.
As a senior member of the technical team, they are looking for a team player who can lead by example, sharing knowledge, best practice and producing documentation.
Flexibility around client site visits and the desire to drive the technical team and the portfolio of services and solutions forward is a must.
The role will encompass both support and varied project implementations including desktop upgrades and refreshes, Microsoft 365 Migrations to building hybrid Azure and on-premise solutions including appliance and hosted security implementations.
You will be excited by technology; someone who naturally keeps up to date with the latest technologies, techniques, initiatives and changes in the industry and is passionate about continuous improvement.
In return you will be provided with a range of excellent benefits a salary of up to £40,000, fantastic career prospects and a company car.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally Microsoft Certified Professional or certified in Microsoft Office 365 and Azure management and administration
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills that can adapt to changing priorities
- Astute problems solving skills – with the ability to analyse data to reach conclusions
- A confident telephone manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and methodical approach to work – most importantly seeing tasks and projects through to completion
- Ability to remain calm under pressure during challenging times
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Exceptional client service skills including experience of dealing with diverse customer groups
- Ability to take a problem outside of their knowledge and aim to resolve or draw on resource to ensure resolution
- Experience working within a Managed Service Provider environment and use of ITIL service tools (Remote Monitoring and Management, Helpdesk)
- Full UK Driving Licence.
You will also have demonstrable experience of working with the following technologies:
- Office 365 Administration & support (experience of Migration Projects)
- General IT Administration and Support of both Desktop and Servers across Windows & Mac
- OSx operating systems
- LAN, Wireless Network Skills
- Firewall Administration / Troubleshooting
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Technologies
- Remote Desktop and Thin Client Technologies Virtualisation,
- Administration and Support (DaaS/ VMWare / Hyper-V) Active Directory / Group Policy
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.