My client is a highly successful firm of Accountants with offices across the South West. They are experiencing an extraordinary period of growth despite the circumstances and are seeking to expand their team.
They operate a dynamic yet fair and consistent culture, empowering professional development and with an enviable long service record.
We are seeking a Senior Accounts Technician to join their growing firm based in the North Devon area.
This is a full time, permanent position, however Flexible hours working and / homeworking will be considered. The salary is circa £18,500 – £25,000 dependent on experience, plus a suite of excellent benefits!
The role includes:
The main duties (but not limited to) are the following: –
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax computations and returns
- Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- General admin duties to provide support to Partner, managers and the office
The successful candidate:
- A positive attitude, friendly and approachable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Discreet, professional and team orientated in approach
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of working in a practice-based environment.
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience. (ACA/ACCA part qualified also considered)
- Previous experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and unincorporated businesses.
- Good working knowledge of general IT Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to present information effectively and concisely in emails and documents
- Good general education, including English and Maths at GCSE Grade C or equivalent
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a secure and growing company. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.