Our client employs 70 staff across Devon. They are forward thinking, proactive with a friendly culture which has resulted in them recruiting and developing a highly trained and motivated team of professionals.
Are you an experienced Payroll Administrator looking for a new opportunity in a well established Firm? We have a fantastic opportunity for a team member to join them either in there Exeter or Exmouth office.
As Payroll Administrator you will assist in the processing and administration of client payrolls over various frequencies. Working in collaboration with the rest of our payroll team you will have responsibility of the accuracy and timely delivery of an allocated portfolio. Your work is likely to include payroll and related client services, recordkeeping, HMRC and client reporting.
The Position: The successful applicant would work our Payroll Services departments, which act for many businesses such as those who do not have, or do not want, expensive, labour intensive and highly specialised payroll facilities of their own. Our team provide a seamless and efficient service to an expanding client base across Devon and the South West.
The person: This is an ideal opportunity for an adaptable, organised, highly efficient and numerate person to join our expanding payroll team.
You will be part of the practical day-to-day running of clients’ payrolls as part of a busy and committed team. This will include, processing tax and allowances and delivering regular management updates. Experience within payroll and familiarity of Sage Payroll software is essential. Knowledge of XERO payroll is also desirable. More important is that you are cheerful, adaptable and enthusiastic and able to thrive in a busy office environment. You will also be used to meeting tight deadlines, motivated and have an extremely high attention to detail with excellent keyboard and IT skills, especially a good knowledge of Excel.
- Undertaking clients’ payrolls according to payroll instructions and HMRC procedures.
- Accurately completing all assignments within agreed timescales
- Investigating and resolving day to day problems arising during assignments and notifying Payroll Manager of these and any unresolved problems.
- Keeping the Payroll Manager and the Partners up to date on all significant dealings with clients.
- Maintaining time-recording on client affairs on a daily basis in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Liaising with other departments within the firm as necessary on client affairs.
- Observing office manuals, procedures and instructions as issued by the firm.
- Ensuring computer skills are developed and maintained to ensure effective completion of work.
- Developing and staying familiar with new payroll legislation and compliance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and growing firm of Accountants.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.