My clients are one of the largest privately owned Group of Companies in Somerset based in a purpose-built distribution center in Yeovil. They continue to grow the business generically, selling a massive number of product lines, and through acquisition. They are highly reputable offering a supportive culture and have a unique opportunity to join their loyal team.
The Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for supporting the production of the end-to-end monthly management accounts of The Group, a successful, high-growth and agile £100 million turnover business. In addition, they will provide financial advice to the business, supporting its sales, customer experience and growth ambitions.
- Assisting the Management Accountant and Head of Group Finance in the full month-end process of the group of companies, including validation and calculation of accruals (including supplier and customer rebates), prepayments, stock provisions, balance sheet reconciliations and FX revaluations.
- Assistance with completing the monthly group consolidation process.
- Providing insightful and clear analysis of data for inclusion in the management accounts and finance working papers.
- Assisting with financial analysis to support the budget process.
- Preparation of clear working papers to support the audit process.
- The provision of ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Maintenance of customer price files to ensure accurate billing.
- Opportunity to support other parts of the finance function, eg commercial finance, financial operations.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Part-qualified ACCA, ACA, or CIMA with experience in a similar role
- Experience of using Microsoft D365 (preferred).
- Good technical accounting knowledge with an ability to apply this to information provided to management and other stakeholders
- Experience of working as part of a team in a fast-paced and ambitious organisation.
- Confident communicator, both written and oral, with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to build excellent working relationships across the business.
- Highly proficient in Excel; strong Powerpoint and Word skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes time-pressured environment.
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Self-driven, with a clear desire to develop skills and experience
- Structured and agile in delivery; able to cope with work being reprioritised
- Strong team player, constructive yet challenging when required
- Tenacious, a completer-finisher
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues across the business
- Results-driven and intent on delivering success
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.