Our client is an established local charity at the heart of the community in Taunton. Following a period of closure and the lifting of restrictions the facility has recently re-opened and will soon return to full capacity for most events.
We are seeking a Management Accountant, on a part-time basis, to join our client responsible for reporting to the Chief Executive, Board of Trustees and Trading’s Directors. They will work alongside the Finance Manager in order to lead the finance function and assist in the continued development of the organisation. Based in Taunton the role attracts a salary of c. £26,000 per annum, pro rata (i.e. £15,600pa), paid monthly in arrears for a 3 day week, plus benefits. This is an exciting role, working both strategically and in a hands on capacity.
- Meet regularly with the Chief Executive to keep them informed and support the CE to develop the business plan in line with the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager within the financial policies and procedures to ensure organisational and regulatory compliance and best practice.
- Be the point of contact for management information about this part of the organisation
Financial Management & Reporting
- Assist the Chief Executive in preparing annual budgets, forecasts and reforecasts as required.
- Produce management accounts on an accrual basis and financial reports as required (reconcile balance sheet, cashflow preparation, board report narrative).
- Present financial data at quarterly Board Meetings and at AGM.
- Produce reports on request for Somerset West & Taunton Council (Landlord).
- Oversight of year-end statutory accounts and audit prepared by their Accountants.
- Work with the CE, Trustees and Staff to develop the business in-line with charitable mission and commercial objectives.
- Devise and implement strategies to deliver results against business objectives and make the organisation more financially robust.
- Work with the CE on developing the business case, organisational structure and financial model for any proposed investment or development.
The successful candidate must have;
- Holds or is studying for an accountancy professional qualification i.e. ACA, CIMA, ACCA is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of hospitality and/or visitor experience business development is desirable
- Previous experience of working in an accounting/finance role;
- Excellent attention to detail, has the ability to manage time and prioritise correctly in order to meet appropriate deadlines and targets to a high standard, demonstrating both adaptability and flexibility.
- The ability to learn and use relevant software in order to carry out the tasks for the role, such as Excel, Word and Outlook as well as relevant accounting software;
- An interest in performing and visual arts is desirable
This is a really fantastic opportunity to secure a rewarding and progressive role.Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this role.