Our client is a well established business providing vegetation management, landscaping and ecology contracting. With locations across the UK, our client is responsible for managing the Strategic Road Network and Local Authority Networks. They also serve clients in health, retail, commercial, industrial, airport, MoD and energy sectors.
They are looking for a permanent Management Accountant based out of their Weston-Super-Mare office. Working full time – 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
This is a revenue recognition role, with duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to: –
- All invoices raised on time, ie: immediately after work is completed.
- Work alongside the Commercial Team to ensure all Applications are raised in accordance with client schedule.
- Posting of all Applications to IF facility.
- Upload to IF for cashflow.
- Reconcile ledgers (Eque2, Sage Accounts and IF)
- Credit control:
- Invoices: Manage the Aged Debt recovery cycle.
- Applications: work with Commercial/QS to resolve outstanding items.
- IF: proactively manage Client Credit Limits, Disapproved items & Unallocated cash.
- Director review: using all the above, provide an appropriate overview of what’s due and when, who/what promised payment/disputed to feed cashflow.
- Management Accounts/Month end Analysis:
- Consolidating monthly revenue ensuring everything is correctly billed/WIP and variance analysis to forecast.
- HS2 analysis and adjustment.
- Update revenue YTD after finalisation.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Update job costing spreadsheets and distribute to regional managers and directors.
- Consolidation and distribution of weekly sales forecast to SMT.
- Management of holding account (Aged Debt).
- Working jointly with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate and timely Job Costing.
a) have we billed everything we are entitled to?
b) have we achieved the target margins and anticipated turnover?
c) are there any further operational/administration efficiencies to be achieved through systems & process improvements?
d) Weekly job cost detailed reviews and investigations.
- Maintaining and updating Forecast 5, monthly (reforecasting software) & variance analysis.
- Working alongside Operations and Commercial Teams to produce accurate weekly Revenue forecasts & variance analysis.
- Maintaining, updating, and balancing the Fixed Asset Register; acquisitions, disposals and depreciation.
- General assistance with Excel throughout the business, as capacity allows.
For a confidential chat please get in touch.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.