Our client is a multi-award winning, professional services company who specialise in providing pro-active and practical solutions throughout the region. They are a friendly, yet dynamic business who are seeking an IT Support Technician to join their friendly and supportive internal IT department.
This is a full time, permanent position with a salary up to £22,000 dependent on experience plus excellent benefits, including training such as Microsoft Certification.
You will be joining the team at a very exciting time with several projects underway and your proven IT skills will help support the company during this period of digitalisation.
Your key responsibilities will be to provide initial support for staff with IT issues and to resolve these where possible. Any issues you are unable to resolve will be escalated to other members of the team who will assist whilst growing your knowledge.
The main duties include;
- Ensure support requests are logged, prioritised, escalated and followed up where required
- Help to resolve IT support requests
- Troubleshooting and rebuilding computers
- Review active helpdesk calls within the department, keeping staff updated and resolve where possible
- Help to maintain comprehensive inventories of assets
- To assist in receiving and logging internal IT support requests via phone, email and in person
- Provide technical support with hardware and software systems
- Escalation of support requests to other team members if you are unable to resolve the issue
- Proactively identify potential problems and suggest resolutions where possible.
The successful candidate;
- Enthusiasm and keen to learn
- Fantastic timekeeping
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work methodically and follow instructions
- Good understanding of computer systems
- Keen to learn new technologies
- Flexible approach to working outside of normal office hours if required
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Previous experience of working in an IT Support role
- Good networking skills (LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi)
- Driving license
This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable, growing and reputable company.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency for this role.