Do you want to work for a company that cares about has fantastic employee benefits and an amazing working environment that is dog friendly?!
Our client is a successful Managed IT Service Provider based in the South-West. With an award-winning track record for both growing and rewarding staff. Working on a people-first approach; they offer the highest level of respect and care to both their customers and their staff which sees them work in a fast-paced and enthusiastic environment.
They are dedicated to growth and personal development and highly invest in their people and are now seeking a junior Service Engineer to join their Network Operations Centre team on a full time, permanent basis.
You will assist the Technical Manager in carrying out a range of automation, scripting, backup, cyber security, maintenance, and alert remediation tasks to uphold the excellent technical reputation of the team and provide a stable platform for the clients IT needs.
While this role is an entry level position, it is suited to applicants with a technical mind and keen interest in business infrastructure and cyber security.
This role is ideal for anyone wishing to rapidly learn about cyber security, network monitoring and automation platforms from a very experienced team leader, a potentially huge career kickstart.
This is a full-time permanent position, with a salary of up to £24,000 depending on your level of experience.
- Technical maintenance resolution, and upholding technical and security best practice
- Carrying out regular network maintenance tasks such as patching, firmware updates and backup checks
- Carrying out regular cyber security maintenance tasks such as network vulnerability scanning, dark web ID scanning, and “white hat” phishing campaigns
- Contacting customers when end user interaction is required, providing excellent customer service
- Identifying opportunities for time saving through automation and scripting repetitive tasks
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues until resolution or escalation
- Maintaining detailed, accurate notes and time records
- Referencing and updating client documentation and user guides
The successful candidate:
- A keen and analytical mind for technical detail and problem-solving, you will need to love technology
- Previous experience working with business IT systems, to at least 1st line, but ideally 2nd line
- Organisational, time management and documentation skills, preferably with experience of logging time
- Working knowledge of Windows Server & Desktop
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Working knowledge of general computer networking and routing
- Working knowledge of Virtualisation platforms
- Working knowledge of Backup and DR platforms
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.