Our client is a multi-award winning, professional services company who specialise in providing pro-active and practical solutions throughout the region. They are a friendly, yet dynamic business who are seeking a 1st Line Support Technician to join their internal IT department.
This is a full time, permanent position with a salary up to £20,000 dependent on experience plus excellent benefits, including training such as Microsoft Certification.
The purpose of the role is to provide 1st line Helpdesk support to staff across the client’s 5 offices. You will be joining the team at a very exciting time with several projects underway and your proven IT skills will help support the company during this period of digitalisation. Your key responsibilities will be to provide initial support for staff with IT issues and to resolve these where possible. Any issues you are unable to resolve will be escalated to other members of the team who will assist whilst growing your knowledge.
The main duties include;
- Receiving and logging internal IT support requests via phone, email and in person
- Resolve 1st line support requests and escalate to other team member when required
- Troubleshooting and rebuilding computers
- Regularly review active helpdesk calls within the department, keeping staff updated and resolve where possible
- Follow and maintain tasks within the IT knowledge base
- Help to maintain comprehensive inventories of assets
- Perform regular visits to all sites within the firm to provide on-site support where required
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the job role
The successful candidate must have;
- Previous experience of working in an IT Support role
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work methodically and follow instructions
- Good working knowledge of Windows 10
- Keen to learn new technologies
- Good networking skills (LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi)
- Flexible approach to working outside of normal office hours if required
This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable, growing and reputable company.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency for this role.