Our client is a highly successful, growing transport company based in Bridgwater. They have a large team and have experienced phenomenal growth and success.
We have two full time positions available for a Health and Safety Adviser, one is temporary, and one is permanent in the Bridgwater area. This role is Monday – Friday and the salary is dependent on experience and qualifications and a NEBOSH certificate is essential.
The purpose of the role is to support the Health and Safety Manager to identify safety improvements in performances and ensure that compliance is being adhered to within the business. You will also be involved with Business Continuity and Emergency Planning as well as Facilities Management.
The main duties are but not restricted to;
- To promote a safe, positive culture throughout the organisation
- To provide guidance and support on compliance requirements
- Assist the manager with facility management including property inspections and reporting, preparing risk assessments and ensuring all premises are compliant within legislation
- Assist with completing risk assessments as and when required
- Work proactively with the operations team to ensure that Health and Safety is considered at all stages
- Effectively communication information regarding Health and safety to the organisation and implement a suitable programme of training to grow on the safety culture within the organisation
- Raise awareness of the importance of Health and Safety through workshops, talks and training.
- Keep up to date with any changes in legislation and notify employees accordingly
The successful candidate must have;
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent
- Member of IOSH
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to drive behavioural culture changes within multi-shift operations
- A flexible and pro active approach to work
- Diploma in management (desirable)
- Working knowledge of H&S software systems (desirable)
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a fast paced business and really make a difference!
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.