Our client is an established local charity at the heart of the community in Taunton. Following a period of closure and the lifting of restrictions the facility has recently re-opened and will soon return to full capacity for most events.
- are seeking a Management Accountant to become Head of Finance, on a part-time basis, to join our client responsible for reporting to the Chief Executive and various Bodies. They will head up the finance function and assist in the continued development of the organisation. Based in Taunton the role attracts a salary of c. £32,000 per annum, pro rata (i.e. £19,200pa), paid monthly in arrears for a 21 hours a week plus benefits. This is an exciting new role, working both strategically and in a hands-on capacity.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive on the business development, governance, and legal compliance of the various bodies and organisations.
- Line manage the Finance Officer and supervise the workload.
- Be the point of contact for management information about this organisation
Financial Management & Reporting
- Liaise with the Chief Executive in preparing annual budgets, forecasts and reforecasts as required.
- Oversee the preparation of management accounts on an accrual basis and financial reports as required (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash-Flow etc.) as required by various bodies.
- Present financial data at quarterly Board Meetings and at AGM.
- Prepare the year-end statutory accounts and oversee the annual audit prepared by the Accountants
- Work with the CE, Trustees and Staff to develop the business in-line with charitable mission and commercial objectives.
- Devise and implement strategies to deliver results against business objectives and make the organisation more financially robust.
- Work with the CE on developing the business case, organisational structure and financial model for any proposed investment or development.
The successful candidate must have: –
- At least 5 years professional finance experience, including formal qualifications (AAT L£, ACCA) or equivalent, ideally in a similar organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of hospitality and/or visitor experience business development is desirable
- Previous experience of working in an accounting/finance role.
- Excellent attention to detail, has the ability to manage time and prioritise correctly in order to meet appropriate deadlines and targets to a high standard, demonstrating both adaptability and flexibility.
- Experience of QuickBooks or similar financial software, proficient in MS Office systems including outlook, excel, confidence in learning new software and CRM systems
- An interest in performing and visual arts is desirable
This is a really fantastic opportunity to secure a rewarding and progressive role. Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this role.