Our client are a unique group of independently accredited vets in the UK who have a new entry level role for a Finance Manager to join their leadership team. The group has zero intention of standing still or being swallowed up by a big name and have a strong desire to expand their presence. Consequently there is huge scope for growth into an eventual CFO/ FD role with no ceiling based on the development of this rapidly growing independent professional practice group.
Main purpose and goals:
- Transitioning the bookkeeping/accounting from an external accountancy firm to a totally in-house function, over a period of 3-6 months, including transition from quarterly to monthly management accounts.
- Support to be provided with the resources required to build a full finance function commensurate with the growth of the business. A financial administrator and ancillary support staff are currently part of an existing finance team.
- Drive performance of the individual offices and the business as a whole, aiming to grow sales, improve profitability and increase EBITDA level.
- Supporting the business development manager and general management team with forward budgeting / planning and business insight that will actively influence day to day decisions and shape strategy.
- To oversee and manage the financial team and to be the main contact for strategic advice and resolution of financial issues.
- Identify growth opportunities and share best practice.
- To be a translator of financial information for operations and individual offices.
- To be commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs of both the operations and management departments.
- Working closely with the operations manager, COO, Marketing administrator and business development manager to coordinate and execute business plans and new ideas.
- Overseeing book keeping and current in house accountancy procedures.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for each office, department and the group as a whole, including reporting packs tailored to CEO’s needs.
- Manage and control in house accountancy services and payroll.
- Prepare and develop budgets/forecasts for each office and the group as a whole, highlighting areas of opportunity and risk.
- Support key stakeholders with the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Periodic reviews with the CEO, Business Development Manager and Group Operations Manager of actual vs budgeting expenditure, challenging overspend where necessary and also forecasting latest views for future expenditure.Assist and support the financial aspects of new and innovative brand projects, costing and assessing overall impact.
- Source and negotiate finance requirements with the bank and external sources of funding.
- Provide finance support and guidance on investment opportunities (to include CAPEX spend, investment appraisal and business cases).
- Liaise with funders and lenders and provide the CEO support to allow informed decisions to be made regarding future investments or acquisitions.
- Support the year end external audit process.
- Work alongside the external accountancy firm to bring accountancy processes in house and support the external tax and corporate affairs work that will remain the external accountants’ responsibility.
This is a unique opportunity to grow a fast growing group of professionals which offers huge scope for career progression to a CFO/ FD role with no ceiling on the development of this rapidly growing group.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.