My client is a highly reputable, leading company looking to expand their team further due to continued growth. They specialise in providing solutions within the sailing and yachting industry and have an international, enviable brand. They are seeking a Business Development Executive to join their successful team on a full time, permanent basis with a salary dependent on experience but up to £40,000 per annum and an opportunity to grow and develop. There is also a suite of excellent benefits to include healthcare, pension and generous holiday.
This would suit an individual with either sales or financial services experience looking to develop their knowledge or equally an interest in the yacht business seeking an interesting and varied role with an exciting, growing business.
Main duties include;
- Identifying new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services.
- Possessing a strong understanding of the company’s products, the competition in the industry and company positioning and strategic objectives.
- Building and promoting long lasting relationships with new introducers.
- Working with underwriting management to create, and implement, strategies to successfully expand our customer base, capture key demographics and solidify our market presence.
- Building relationships with new introducers and clients, gauging their needs and developing proposals to address these needs.
- Working with underwriting management to draw up new introducer contracts.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with current introducers and clients.
- Attending events in the UK and overseas including working with business management in the organisation and coordination of such events.
- Attending conferences and events to build relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends.
- Working with business management in drafting marketing posts for social media and advertising/marketing campaigns including coordinating with agencies and external organisations
- Working with business management to deliver the marketing message to target sectors of the UK boating public in an effective manner to maximise growth in the number and quality of leads in target sectors.
- Working with business management in updating sales presentation materials including brochures, sales decks and posters
- Ability to work in either the River Hamble or Plymouth office, with reasonable notice, as necessary.
The successful candidate must have;
- Ability to think strategically
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently without supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to communicate with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for developing and building business relationships.
- Excellent team working skills with a collaborative approach to work
- Good IT skills
- Already having or being prepared to gain marine and/or relevant qualifications within specified time frame
You will be working in a busy and friendly open plan office with a company offering excellent benefits!
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an employment agency for this role.