My client is a highly reputable, regional business providing a range of services to the property, commercial markets. They are one of the longest established firms in the West Country with an enviable reputation. They operate a supportive culture and they are expanding their team further.
We are seeking a Architectural Technician to work on a number of different projects including the preparation of building regulations drawings and submissions. In this role you will assist with all stages of the RIBA plans, building regulations and supporting the wider tam. You will need to be confident to lead on technical design elements of projects and assist with construction details and technical drawings.
The salary is negotiable dependant on experience with great long-term career opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving team with a wonderful culture and busy office where no two projects are the same! This position is a full time permanent role based in Taunton, the working hours are 9am -5.30pm with parking facilities available.
A degree qualification or similar level in Architectural Technology, Construction or the Built environment would be extremely advantageous but not essential, qualified by experience would also be considered, with a minimum 3 years’ proven experience of working on and an understanding of the current building regulations.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must have;
- Architectural technician experience working on residential new build, conversions and refurbishments and other projects
- Knowledge and experience of building regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills across all levels
- Planning experience is desirable
- Driving license and a car is essential for this position
This will suit an individual who is currently working in a similar role or in training who wants to embark upon a new and interesting role.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an employment agency for this role.